|High School:||Bishop Hendricken|
|Last School:||Bishop Hendricken|
At a Glance - Career Honors/Accomplishments
- 2013 NCBWA Preseason All-America Third Team
- 2013 College Sports Madness Preseason All-America Fourth Team
- 2013 College Sports Madness Preseason All-Conference First Team
- Ranked #63 in College Baseball Daily's listing of the nation's Top 100 players in 2013
- Ranked New England’s #3 MLB Draft Prospect (New England Baseball Journal)
- The A-10’s best defensive outfielder - College Baseball Insider Preseason Poll
- The A-10’s best outfield arm - College Baseball Insider 2013 Preseason Poll
- One of the A-10’s best pure hitters - College Baseball Insider 2013 Preseason Poll
- One of the A-10’s biggest power threat - College Baseball Insider 2013 Preseason Poll
- The A-10 hitter you least want to face - College Baseball Insider 2013 Preseason Poll
- The A-10’s toughest hitter to strike out - College Baseball Insider 2013 Preseason Poll
- The A-10’s best baserunner - College Baseball Insider 2013 Preseason Poll
- 2012 College Baseball Insider All-America Team Honorable Mention
- 2012 Atlantic 10 Player of the Year
- 2012 Atlantic 10 First Team
- 2012 NEIBA All-New England First Team
- 2012 ECAC Second Team
- Reached base in 41 consecutive games (3/11/12 - 5/14/12)
- Batted .529 (9-for-17) with five runs and two RBI against nationally ranked opponents in 2012
- Went a perfect 5-for-5 in the series finale at #1 Florida State (4/29/12)
- College Baseball Insider National Player of the Week (4/5/12)
- Atlantic 10 Player of the Week (4/2/12)
- 2012 College Sports Madness Preseason All-Conference Team
- 2011 Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team
- Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week (3/21/11, 4/18/11)
2012: Was an honorable mention on College Baseball Insider's All-America team… Also was voted the 2012 Atlantic 10 Player of the Year and earned First Team All-Conference honors… Was a NEIBA All-New England First Team pick and a ECAC Second Team selection… Reached base in 41 consecutive games from March 11 thru May 14… Earned College Baseball Insider's National Player of the Week award, as well as A-10 Player of the Week honors, for the week ending on April 1… Was a member of College Sports Madness' Preseason All-Conference Team… Ranked either first or second on the team in every offensive category… Led Rhode Island with a team-best .356 batting average, 84 hits, 59 runs, five triples, 115 total bases, 26 multiple-hit games, a .487 slugging percentage and a .443 on-base percentage… Finished second on the club in doubles (15), RBI (38), stolen bases (22), walks (33), home runs (2) and multiple-RBI games (9)… Turned in a .421 batting average in A-10 games and was .529 (9-for-17) with five runs and two RBI against nationally ranked opponents… Went 2-for-4 at Pepperdine on March 9… Combined for three hits, two RBI and two runs scored in a pair of wins over Cal State Northridge… Went 3-for-5 with two runs and an RBI against UC-Santa Barbara on March 15… Collected five hits in URI's series win over Charlotte… Went 2-for-4 with a walk and a double against Iona on March 27… Combined for eight hits, seven runs, two RBI, two doubles, a triple and five walks in the series at Saint Joseph's… Was 2-for-4 with three runs scored at Central Connecticut on April 4… Recorded seven hits - including his first home run of the season - six RBI and four runs in a three-game sweep of St. Bonaventure… Had two hits, three runs scored and a stolen base at Boston College on April 17… Drove in three runs on a pair of his against Xavier on April 21… Went 3-for-4 with three runs and two stolen bases against Brown on April 24… Homered as part of a three-hit performance against Hartford on April 25… Combined for eight hits, three runs and two RBI over three games at No. 1 Florida State… Was a prefect 5-for-5 against the top-ranked Seminoles in the series finale… Went 2-for-4 at Fordham on May 6… Had three hits, three runs and three RBI against Richmond on May 13… Doubled twice at Northeastern on May 14… Collected six hits, five RBI, four runs and four stolen bases in a three-game set at Temple.
2011: Appeared in 47 games and made 36 starts… Finished the season with a .345 batting average in 145 at-bats... Recorded 50 hits, 35 runs, 15 RBI, nine stolen bases, six doubles and five triples... Was named to the Atlantic-10 All-Rookie Team and earned twoA-10 Rookie of the Week awards (March 21, April 18)… Recorded his first collegiate home run at Florida International on Feb. 28… Had four hits, four runs, three RBI and two stolen bases against No. 19 Connecticut on March 18… Strung together a seven-game hitting streak from April 9-17… Went 2-for-4 with two runs, two RBI and a triple against Saint Louis (April 9)… Recorded three hits and two runs against Quinnipiac on April 12… Was 1-for-1 with three walks against Bryant on April 14… Combined for six hits, three runs and three RBI in a three-game set vs. Saint Joseph's… Went 3-for-5 at Brown on April 26… Recorded five hits and six runs in URI's series against Temple… Went 2-for-3 against Massachusetts on May 8… Was 2-for-3 with two doubles and a walk against Dayton on May 19… Reached base three times - on two hits and a walk - against Charlotte at the Atlantic 10 Championship.
High School: Was a member of the baseball, hockey, football and track teams at Bishop Hendricken... Captained his baseball team as a senior... Helped lead his baseball team to the state title as a junior and senior... Was a two-time All-State selection.
Personal: Born January 24, 1992... Son of Sara and Paul Roy - who played football at URI from 1978-82... Has two older brothers - Ben and Greg... Favorite athlete is Brett Gardner... Favorite team is the New York Yankees... Enjoys riding four wheelers... Majoring in Criminal Justice.