RHODE ISLAND VS. CLEVELAND STATE
- Today marks the fourth meeting between Rhode Island and Cleveland State.
- Cleveland State leads the all-time series, 1-2.
- Two of the three meetings have come in in-season tournament play.
- CSU won the last meeting - 67-45 - on Nov. 27, 2011 as part of the Legends Classic.
- The Rams earned a 73-69 win over the Vikings on Nov. 27, 1999 in the Big Island Invitational.
RHODE ISLAND VS. THE HORIZON LEAGUE
- Today marks the 15th time Rhode Island has faced a Horizon League opponent.
- The Rams are 5-9 all-time vs. schools that now make up the Horizon League.
- Last time out, Rhody dropped a 58-55 decision to HL favorite Valparaiso.
- The last win vs. a Horizon League opponent - URI 69, Detroit 55 (Dec. 20, 2014).
RHODE ISLAND IN NON-CONFERENCE PLAY
- Since joining the Eastern 8 in 1980, URI is 270-217 (.554) in non-conference play.
- Rhody is 66-24 (.733) in the regular season and 75-25 (.750) in all non-conference games played at the Thomas M. Ryan Center.
- URI has won eight of its last nine and 17 of its last 20 home non-conference games.
RHODE ISLAND IN IN-SEASON TOURNAMENTS/MULTI-TEAM EVENTS
- Dating back to the 1949-50 season, Rhode Island is 66-73 all-time in in-season tournaments.
- Last year, the Rams went 1-2 in the Orlando Classic, falling to Kansas and Georgia Tech, while beating Santa Clara.
- This is Rhode Island's first-ever appearance in the Cancun Challenge.
RHODE ISLAND AT THE ALEX AND ANI COURT AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- Rhode Island holds a 133-72 all-time record in the Thomas M. Ryan Center and went 14-2 last year on the Alex and Ani Court.
- It marked the 10th time in venue history (13 years) that the Rams won 10 or more home games.
- The Rams' first victory in the building was a 73-71 overtime affair vs. USC on Nov. 26, 2002.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(s) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: K12 (StatCrew code for "BLOCK by MARTIN, Hassan")
- Last time out vs. Valparaiso, Hassan Martin registered his program-best ninth career game with at least six blocked shots.
- Kenny Green - URI's all-time leader in blocks - had five games with at least six blocks. Green had eight blocks in each of those games.
- With 190 career blocks, Martin ranks 12th among all active NCAA Division I players. He is third among active juniors.
- His 2.82 blocks per game average is sixth-best among all active players. LSU's Jordan Mickey (3.38 bpg) tops the list.
- Martin is 45 blocked shots away from tying assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean for second place on URI's all-time blocks list (235).
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - NOVEMBER 21
- Rhode Island is 1-3 all-time in games played on November 21. The lone win came in 2003 - Rhody 89, Northeastern 77.
- Losses came against Tulsa (1999), Boston College (2007) and UIC (2010).
- The calendar date of November 21 also marks the celebration of National Adoption Day.
- Notable November 21 birthdays: former NFL star Michael Strahan, singer Carly Rae Jepsen, and French philosopher Voltaire.
A LEANER TERRELL AIMS TO CONTINUE TRENDING
- In his Rhode Island career, on the 17 occasions in which Jared Terrell scored in double-figures, the team has won 15 of those games.
- When Terrell scores more than 10 points, Rhody is 14-1.
- Terrell was a 2014-15 Atlantic 10 All-Rookie team selection after averaging 9.2 points and 1.4 steals per game.
- He was named the CBSSports.com/Wayman Tisdale Award National Freshman of the Week on Feb. 3.
- The Weymouth, Mass. native dropped from his playing weight of 225 as a freshman to 215 at the start of practice this year.
CBSSPORTS.COM RANKS IVERSON AS TOP 20 IMPACT TRANSFER
- Memphis transfer Kuran Iverson is another newcomer for Rhode Island for the 2015-16 campaign.
- The 6-9 forward joined the Rams' roster for the 2015 spring semester and won an appeal to compete immediately.
- CBSSports.com's Jon Rothstein tabs Iverson as one of the nation's top 20 impact transfers for this season.
- He played in eight games in 2014-15 for Memphis, scoring 13 points vs. Oklahoma State in just his second game action of the season.
- A native of Hartford, Conn., Iverson ranked as the 28th-best prep prospect on Rivals.com, while ESPN ranked him #33.
McGLYNN ONE OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL'S TOP SHOOTERS
- Graduate transfer Four McGlynn has led the Rams in scoring in each of his first two games in a Rhody uniform.
- On Nov. 13 vs. American, McGlynn had 15 points (5-7 FG; 4-6 3FG) and added 13 against Valparaiso (3-7 3FG).
- His 201 career 3-pointers made ranks his 15th nationally among all active NCAA Division I players.
- The York, Pa. native has scored 1,176 career points in 106 games at Vermont and, most recently, Towson.
- McGlynn led the Tigers in scoring in 2014-15 (12.0 ppg), connecting on close to 40% of his 3FG attempts.
- He began his collegiate career at Vermont, where he was named the 2011-12 America East Rookie of the Year.
GARRETT MAKES HIS POINT AS STARTER
- Over the final 18 games of the 2014-15 season, sophomore Jarvis Garrett showed why he is one of the top point guards in the A-10.
- The Milwaukee native took over as the Rams' starting 1 and posted a 2:32:1 assist/turnover ratio over the last 18 games of the season.
- Garrett committed just 28 turnovers over his final 18 games - an average of 1.6 per game - in 541 minutes of play.
- He ranked 14th in the A-10 in assists (2.8 apg) and was just short of the minimum to qualify for the assist/turnover list, where he posted the league's third-best mark at 2.07:1.