- Free Moe's Burritos to the first 200 students
- The first 3,000 fans to enter the Ryan Center receive a free Dunkin Donuts gift card
- Tickets are 2-for-1; use code BOGO
GAME DAY CENTRAL:
RHODE ISLAND VS. HOUSTON - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Rhode Island and Houston will face each other for the fifth time in history.
- The Cougars have captured the previous four meetings, including a 102-99 overtime win on Nov. 13, 2006 at the Ryan Center.
- Three of the four previous meetings were played in Houston.
RHODE ISLAND IN NON-CONFERENCE PLAY
- Since joining the Eastern 8 in 1980, URI is 274-218 (.557) in non-conference play.
- Rhody is 70-25 (.737) in the regular season and 79-26 (.752) in all non-conference games played at the Thomas M. Ryan Center.
- URI has won 10 of its last 12 and 19 of its last 23 home non-conference games.
RHODE ISLAND VS. THE AMERICAN
- Rhody is 0-1 against opponents from the American Athletic Conference.
- URI dropped an 89-58 decision at SMU on Nov. 11, 2013.
- The Rams are 99-172 against teams which now constitute the AAC.
- Two Rhody's most common opponents are now in the AAC.
- Connecticut (66-79) is URI's second-most common opponent from their days in the Yankee Conference, while Temple (15-57) is Rhody's eighth-most common foe and most recently a member of the A-10.
RHODE ISLAND AT THE ALEX AND ANI COURT AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- Rhode Island holds a 136-73 all-time record in the Thomas M. Ryan Center and went 14-2 last year on the Alex and Ani Court.
- It marked the 10th time in venue history (13 years) that the Rams won 10 or more home games.
- The Rams' first victory in the building was a 73-71 overtime affair vs. USC on Nov. 26, 2002.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: Limiting Leading Scorers
- Through the first eight games of the season, Rhody has held its opposing leading scorer below his scoring average.
- Last time out, the Rams held Providence's Kris Dunn to 15 points - 3.6 points below his season average of 18.6.
- Jesse Reed - American (14.3 avg/7 pts); Alec Peters - Valpo (18.0 avg./14 pts); Demonte Flannigan - Cleveland State (16.5 avg./4 pts.); Vlad Brodziansky - TCU (14.9 avg./8 pts.); Malachi Alexander - Holy Cross (10.7 avg./7 pts.).
- Maryland's Melo Trimble (16.0 avg./17 pts.) and Rider's Xavier Lundy (11.0 avg./12 pts.) each bested their season averages.
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - DECEMBER 8
- Rhode Island is 15-6 all-time in games played on December 8.
- Notable Dec. 8 wins: 1954 vs. Boston College (96-53) and 2007 at Syracuse (91-89).
- December 8 marks the celebration of National Brownie Day.
- Notable Dec. 8 birthdays: rapper Nicki Minaj, cotton gin inventor Eli Whitney, quarterback Philip Rivers, and Mary Queen of Scots.
GARRETT POSTS CAREER-BESTS IN SCORING, REBOUNDING VS. PROVIDENCE
- Jarvis Garrett played one of his finest games in his 41-game Rhody career on Dec. 5 vs. #23/24 Providence.
- Rhody's point guard was one of four Rams in double figures, with a career-high 17 points (8-17 FG).
- The 6-0 sophomore also grabbed seven rebounds (3 off./4 def.) to go with two assists in 32 minutes.
MARTIN'S THUNDEROUS DUNK VS. PROVIDENCE #9 ON SPORTSCENTER TOP 10
- Hassan Martin's one-handed jam through the lane with 5:52 to play vs. #23/24 Providence earned national recognition.
- ESPN picked it as the #9 play as part of SportsCenter's Top 10 best plays of the day.
- It is the second time that a Martin dunk was part of the #SCTop10 - the first coming from one of the best plays of the 2013-14 season.
- On a fast break at the 8:37 mark of the second half of the on March 1, 2014 game vs. Richmond., E.C. Matthews led a Rhody fastbreak and found a cutting Martin with an around-the-back/over-the-shoulder, no-look pass for the and-one dunk.
- It ended up as the #8 play on ESPN's SportsCenter on Saturday night and into Sunday morning.
CONFIDENT THOMPSON CONTRIBUTES OFF BENCH IN LAST THREE
- Christion Thompson has provided a scoring punch off the bench over his last three games, averaging 9.0 points per game.
- Last time out vs. Providence, Thompson connected on 3-of-3 from beyond the arc good for 10 points.
- Against Rider, the freshman guard tallied a season-high 11 points - connecting on 3-of-6 from the floor (3-5 3FG) in 13 minutes.
- The Louisiana native added seven points and four boards in 11 minutes against Holy Cross.
WHERE THE RAMS RANK DEFENSIVELY - KENPOM.COM METRICS
- KenPom.com ranks Rhode Island 22nd nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency, with a 93.8 mark.
- Defensive efficiency measures points scored per 100 possessions, adjusted for the quality of opposing defenses, the site of each game, and when each game was played.
- Rhody also ranks 68th in effective FG% defense (45.5%), 31st in turnover% (22.7%), and 31st in block% (14.0%).
- The Rams also rate highly in steal% (65th, 10.6%), and 3FG% defense (49th - 29.6%).
WHERE THE RAMS RANK DEFENSIVELY - NCAA RANKINGS
- Rhody ranks 14th nationally in scoring defense, holding opponents to just 59.8 points per game.
- The Rams limited American to 42 points in the season opener and held Cleveland State to just 45 points.
- URI also ranks among the top 100 in blocks (39th - 5.4 bpg), 3FG% defense (57th, 29.6%), and turnovers forced (78th, 15.0 TO/g).