* Bethpage Red Course - Farmingdale, N.Y.
* Par 70 course (7,092 yards)
* First & Second Round: Saturday, Sept. 9 | Third Round: Sunday, Sept. 10
* The Field: 14 teams, 78 golfers
* Weather: 73 degrees, sunny, 8 mph winds
* The Rams sit in ninth place after the first 36 holes of play at the Doc Gimmler.
* Rhody shot an opening round 292 (+12) during the first round.
* In the afternoon, URI combined to shoot 289 (+9).
* Florida State leads the field, combining to shoot 9-under par through the first two rounds (274-277)
* Connecticut sits in second place (280-280, +3), followed by Loyola Maryland (279-285, +4), Harvard (283-283, +6) and Johnson & Wales Fla. (289-279, +8).
* Chris Francoeur is the Rams' top finisher so far. The newcomer is tied for 14th place in his first collegiate tournament. Francoeur shot a par of 1-over par rounds of 71 on Saturday. The Amesbury, Mass. native carded seven birdies and 24 pars through his first 36 holes.
* Fellow freshman Bobby Weise is tied for 28th place, with a 4-over par total of 144. Weise opened with a morning round score of 73 before closing out Saturday with a 1-over 71. He posted three birdies and 26 pars on day one.
* Dawson Jones is tied for 38th place, with a first day total of 147 (73-74). He had four birdies and 24 pars. The junior was the team's leader on par 3 scoring, with an average of 3.13.
* Burke Barsamian shot a first-round 75 and followed up with a 73 during Saturday afternoon's second round. He played the front nine of the second round at 1-under par (34), with a birdie on the par 4 2nd hole and eight pars.
* Jason Short sits in a tie for 61st place. He registered scores of 77 in the first round and 74 for the second 18 holes of competition. He posted 26 pars during the first two rounds on Saturday.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
* I am especially pleased that the freshman led the team in both rounds.
* I was also happy with Burke Barsamian, who was playing in his first three-round tournament for us.
* Dawson Jones did not play well, but I have no doubt he will get back to his regular play quickly.
* Our goal coming here was to learn a little bit about ourselves and who deserves to be in the lineup. Tomorrow should be fun.
Rhody plays the third and final round at the Doc Gimmler at Bethpage Red on Sunday, Sept. 10. URI will tee off beginning at 10:30 a.m. and will play along side Hofstra and Yale.