Mar 29, 2019
- Osprey Point Golf Club - Boca Raton, Fla.
- Par 72 course (6,786 yards)
- First Round: Friday, March 29
- Second Round: Saturday, March 30
- Third Round: Sunday, March 31
- The Field: 14 teams, 78 golfers
- After one round, Rhode Island sits in 12th place among the field of 14.
- The Rams finished the tournament's first round 11 strokes over par, combining for a team score of 299.
- Bethune-Cookman is the overall leader after 18 holes, at -6, followed by FAU and UCF, at -2.
- Florida Gulf Coast (E) and Southern Illinois (+1) round out the top five.
- The only other Atlantic 10 team in the field - George Mason - is tied for sixth place, at +4.
- Senior Dawson Jones leads the Rams after one round, finishing 1-over par to tie for 21st overall.
- Redshirt senior Brody King is tied for 33rd with a 2-over 74. He was +4 on front nine and -2 on the back nine.
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur and redshirt junior Jason Short are tied for 48th overall, each finishing the opening round in 76 strokes.
- Freshman Austin Fox enters the second round tied for 66th place at +7 (79).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- It was a disappointing day for us overall as we felt we could shoot even par as a team. When one player has half of your birdies, it is not a good team effort.
- Both Dawson and Chris fought some things off the tee but combined for one-under on the back after being six over on the front. The back played tougher today because the wind came up.
- Brody and Jason combined for even on the front but shot six over on the back.
- Austin parred his first seven, which was great, but struggled after that.
- We combined for double-digits in penalty shots on our tee ball. We need to correct that immediately.
- The next 36 holes will say a lot about this team. We are the midpoint of the second semester so we need to step up.
Rhode Island returns to Osprey Point Golf Club for the tournament's second round on Saturday morning.