Spenser, Cloutier, Camillo, Matthews, Caselatto, Naples, Oakley, Moran, Sohn, Sykes, Discavage
Stony Brook Starters
Orban, Osei-Tutu, Wixted, Casey, Giordano, Torres, McKenna, Fritz, Uriarte, Mesen, Thompson
How It Happened
After a scoreless first half, Stony Brook got on the board just three and a half minutes into the second frame when Will Casey headed a Mario Mesen throw-in past Rhody keeper Thomas Spenser for the 1-0 advantage. The Seawolves managed to keep Rhody off the board the rest of the way, holding on for their second shutout victory of the season.
48:29 – SBU – Will Casey (Mario Mesen)
Inside the Box Score
- The loss drops Rhode Island to 1-3-0 on the season while Stony Brook evens its record at 2-2-0.
- Rhode Island held a 13-12 edge in total shots and put seven attempts on goal compared to SBU's four.
- Both teams recorded five corners on the night.
- The Rams committed 12 fouls while the Seawolves has just three.
- SBU was whistled offsides eight times and Rhody was twice.
- Sophomore Ryan Oakley led all players with four shots on goal, all of which were stopped. Keith McKenna led SBU with two attempts on goal.
- Redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Thomas Spenser finished with three saves for the Rams. At the other end of the field, Jason Orban turned away six shots and got some assistance from his teammates, who cleared a Ryan Oakley shot in the 65th minute.
The Rams return to action on Wednesday, Sept. 18 when they travel to New Hampshire for a 4 p.m. match with the Wildcats.