Blanchard, Cloutier, Camillo, Matthews, Oakley, Haught, Moran, Soons, Randell, Hess, Sykes
Froschauer, Enstone, Lenning, Allheily, Acevedo, Jones, Keller, Amankona, Nelson, Howe, Haupt
39:49 - UD - Greg Enstone (Eddie Jones)
43:36 - UD - Maik Schoonderwoerd (Rafael Gamboa)
71:45 - UD - Greg Enstone (Rafael Gamboa)
How It Happened
Rhode Island controlled play and maintained possession through much of the first half, but Dayton managed to get on the board in the 40th minutes when Greg Enstone headed in a corner from Eddie Jones. Four minutes later, Maik Schoonderwoerd deposited a loose rebound into the back of the net for the 2-0 advantage heading into the break. Enstone later registered his second goal of the game - and ninth of the season - at the 71:45 mark.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island ends the season with a 2-12-0 record and an 0-8-0 mark in the Atlantic 10. Dayton, meanwhile, improves to 14-2-2 and 4-2-2 in the A-10.
- Rhode Island outshot Dayton, 13-10, but the Flyers put four attempts on goal to Rhody's one.
- The Flyers also held a slight edge in corner kicks, 6-4.
- Matt Sykes had the Rams' only shot on goal, a first-half attempt that was stopped by UD's Chris Froshauer. Enstone put two shots on for the Fylers with both resulting in goals.
- Redshirt senior goalkeeper Adam Blanchard made his first appearance of the season for URI, but took the loss. Froshauer picked up the win for Dayton, finishing the day with one save and posting his ninth shutout of the season.
- Prior to the start of the game, URI held a brief Senior Day ceremony to recognize Joey Haught and Andy Hess, who both played in their final collegiate games this afternoon.