KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island Track & Field teams will return to Boston this weekend to compete in the Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University. The women will compete on Friday, January 29 with events starting at 2 p.m., while the men compete on Saturday with competition beginning at 10 a.m. All events will take place from the Track & Tennis Center at Boston University. This annual competition will host athletes from over 50 colleges and club programs.
Terrier Classic - January 29-30, 2016
Track & Tennis Center Boston University, Boston, Mass
- Women's Entry List
- Women's Field Entry List
- Men's Entry List
- Men's Field Entry List
- Official Order of Events
- Live Event-by-Event Results
Last Time on the Track - Joe Donahue Games (5th of 15)
Women's Track & Field
- Mariah Claudio was second in the 400 meters with an ECAC qualifying time of 56.04s. This time broke the senior class record of 56.40s and is the seventh best mark all-time in program history.
- Keiko Hector was third in the long jump with an ECAC qualifying mark of 5.70m.
- Dyshelle Pemberton ran a season best 58.35s in the 400 meters.
- The relay team of Nichole Barger, Micaela McPadden, Jennifer Czerapowicz and Alyssa Brehler finished third with an ECAC qualyfing time of 12:07.02.
- Karleigh Manfredi finished fourth in the Pole Vault with a season best mark and ECAC qualifying mark of 3.60m.
- Katja Neves was eighth in the shot put with a season best and New England qualifying mark of 13.16m.
- McPadden (500 meters) and Mikaila Amerantes (400 meters) also had New England qualifying marks.
Men's Track & Field - Joe Donahue Games (1st of 15)
Nigel Hill - 60 Meter Dash (6.89s)
Jacob Reilly - High Jump (2.03m)
Other Top Performers:
- DeAngelo Berry finished eighth in the 60 meter dash.
- Joseph Carter finished second in the 200 meter dash.
- Adam Franklin finished fifth and seventh in the 200 meter dash and the 500 meter dash respectively.
- Marlon Montague notched a second place finish in the 400 meter dash.
- Jaleel Felton's time of 1:05.25 in the 500 meter run was good for a third place finish.
- Ryan Rei (long jump/7.01m) and Samuel Snyder (shot put/16.64m) both had second place finishes