George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex - Storrs, Conn.
Rhody men's track finished third at the UConn Northeast Challenge Saturday with 85 team points. Host Connecticut took the crown with 164 points.
Highlights from the Track
- Anthony Delasanta won the 200 meters in 21.36 seconds.
- Delasanta placed second in the 400 meters with a time of 47.58 seconds.
- Adam Franklin placed second in the 400 meter hurdles in 52.71 seconds.
- Brian Coyne placed for points in the 3000 meter steeplechase in 9:57.60, good for sixth place.
- The 4x100m relay team of Joseph Carter, Jordan Ross, Adam Franklin, and Jeff Santos was fifth in 41.62 seconds.
- The 4x400m relay team of Adam Franklin, Jordan Ross, De'Von McGriff, and Anthony Delasanta placed second in 3:13.51.
- Eric Wicks was third in the high jump after clearing 2.03 meters. Jack Reichenbach finished fifth, clearing 1.93 meters.
- Garrett Robinson placed third in the long jump (6.93m) and Reichenbach was fourth (6.91m).
- Derek Jacobs placed seventh in the shot put with a throw of 15.54 meters.
- Jacobs finished third in the discus with a mark of 47.35 meters.
- In the hammer, Thomas Vadis was fifth (52.77m), Johnathan Buchanan was sixth (52.49m) and Jide Akinjisola was seventh (51.76m).
- Sawyer Moe placed third in the javelin with a mark of 59.18 meters. Greg McManus was fifth (58.18m).
Rhody travels to compete in the Northeastern Invitational on Saturday, April 20 beginning at 10:00 a.m. at the Solomon Track Facility in Dedham, Mass.