This was a non-scoring meet with teams from Assumption, Bryant, Brown, Hartford, New Hampshire, Providence, and Stonehill.
Prior to the meet Rhode Island honored its 13 graduating seniors: Nicholas Celico, Stephen Cirella, Sam Coppola, Harold Corniel, Brian Coyne, Maxwell Dickens, Rock Fortna, Connor Gralton, Derek Jacobs, Joe Maguire, Drew Nealey, Jeff Santos, and Eric Wicks.
Highlights from Competition
- Jack Reichenbach won the high jump with a 2.07 meter mark.
- Reichenbach finished fourth in the long jump (6.72m) and Tyler Costeira was fifth (6.57m). Quindel Wilson was 12th (6.19m).
- Kellen Waters finished first in the 1000 meters in 2:27.03. Brian Coyne was 10th in 2:39.03.
- Roniel Mata placed first in the 400 meters with a time of 50.18 seconds. Dimitri Pray was second (51.17s), David Scheier was fifth (51.77s), and Seth Phillips was ninth (52.96s) to round out the top 10.
- D.J. Smalls placed second in the pole vault after clearing 4.50 meters. Zach Nyhart finished third (4.35m).
- La'Rue Martin won the 60 meters in 6.96 seconds. Julian Thomson was fourth (7.16s), Justin Marsland was sixth (7.17s), and Callan Davies was eighth (7.23s).
- Rhody had the top four finishers in the 200 meters. Thomson won in 22.35 seconds, Jordan Ross was second (22.48s), Martin finished third (22.54s), and Mata was fourth (22.71s). Marsland finished in 22.77 seconds (sixth), Jeffrey Santos in 23.03 seconds (seventh), Pray in 23.30 seconds (eighth), and Scheier in 23.41 seconds (10th) to round out the top 10. Eric Wicks finished in 24.57 seconds, good for 17th place.
- Ross finished second in the 500 meters in 1:07.06. Sam Coppola was third (1:07.32).
- Aidan Kindopp was fifth in the 800 meters with a time of 1:58.81.
- Eric Zulkofske finished third in the mile in 4:21.02, Rock Fortna was fourth in 4:22.67, Nathan Coogan was fifth in 4:23.65, and Joe Maguire was ninth in 4:24.63 to round out the top 10. Matthew Vinacco (4:26.63) and Ben Fleischer (4:36.57) also competed for the Rams.
- Johnathan Buchanan placed second in the weight throw with a mark of 18.55 meters. Jide Akinjisola finished fourth (16.97m) and Abraham Salako was fifth (15.08m).
- Scott Honicker placed second in the 60 meter hurdles (8.40 seconds) and Callan Davies was eighth (9.13 seconds).
- Nick Morse finished second in the shot put (15.49m).
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Waters, Tyler Rubush, Coppola, and Collin Ochs won in 8:13.29.
- Orion Joyner placed third in the triple jump with a mark of 13.24 meters. Wilson was fifth (12.89m).
The Rams are back in competition next Saturday, Feb. 15 at the David Hemery Valentine Invite hosted by Boston University. The meet is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.