Posted: Feb 15, 2020
Highlights from the Track
- Kellen Waters set a program record in the mile with a time of 4:06.32. The time shattered the record set nearly 30 years ago, breaking Timothy Dunn's previous record of 4:07.70 (1991). Eric Zulkofske was 114th (4:14.45), and Joe Maguire was 180th (4:20.40).
- Jordan Ross was seventh in the 500 meters with a time of 1:04.62.
- Trevor Rooney finished fifth in the triple jump (14.90m).
- In the 1000 meters, Nathan Coogan finished 14th (2:26.16), Collin Ochs was 28th (2:28.23), Tyler Rubush was 34th (2:29.00), and Rock Fortna was 38th (2:29.07). Aidan Kindopp (2:35.89) also competed for the Rams.
- Matthew Vinacco finished 35th in the 3000 meters (8:42.51) and Ben Fleischer was 43rd (8:43.83).
- Sam Coppola crossed the finish line in 1:55.21 in the 800 meters.
- Jack Reichenbach finished 13th in the long jump with a mark of 6.89 meters.
- Eric Wicks was eighth in the high jump (2.00m) and Quindel Wilson was ninth (1.95m).
- Jeff Santos was 27th in the 60 meters with a time of 7.23 seconds.
- In the 400 meters, Anthony Delasanta was the top finisher for Rhody with a time of 47.57 seconds, good for fifth place. Maxwell Dickens was 38th (49.09s), Dimitri Pray was 73rd (49.84s) and David Scheier was 109th (50.43s).
- Julian Thomson was 46th in the 200 meters with a time of 22.17 seconds.
Rhody continues competition next Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Brown Invitational. The meet is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. at the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center at Brown University.