RHODE ISLAND (13-11, 6-6 A-10)
Starters: Dale, Moffitt, Jones, Harvey-Carr, Jorgensen
Subs: Oberg, Brown, Rogers
ST. BONAVENTURE (7-19, 4-9 A-10)
Starters: Johnson, Francis, Logan, President, Calabrese
Subs: Tucker, Brown, Oliver
How it Happened
Rhode Island earned its sixth conference victory of the season, defeating St. Bonaventure 69-67 Sunday afternoon.
The Rams hit the ground running and went on a 12-2 run in the opening four minutes of play. The start was a balanced offense, with three points each from Maia Moffitt, Erin Jones, Davida Dale, and Brazil Harvey-Carr.
Rhody built its largest lead of the game (37-22) in the second quarter after Nicole Jorgensen had a successful trip to the free throw line. The Rams entered the locker room up 37-26.
St. Bonaventure took advantage of Rhody's three straight turnovers to open the third quarter, going on a 10-0 run to cut the Rhody lead to three (49-36) at the 6:15 mark.
The Bonnies wouldn't go away, making things close in the last minute. With the lead cut to one point at 66-65 with 15 seconds left, but Jones made four straight free throws to help Rhody hold on to the lead and secure the win.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Kassondra Brown had a big game off the bench, scoring 13 points and five rebounds. She was a perfect 6-for-6 from the field and 1-for-1 at the free throw line.
- Redshirt junior Erin Jones had 16 points and three rebounds.
- Senior Nicole Jorgensen passed Carol Smith and Ann Kelsen on Rhode Island's all-time scoring list. With 14 points, she now ranks sixth in program history with 1,349 points.
- Redshirt senior Davida Dale had a game-high 18 points, nine rebounds, three steals and three assists.
- Dale was 7-for-7 at the free throw line.
- With three assists, Dale has 113 for the season. She is tied with Dayna Smith for the 10th most in a single season in URI history.
- Rhode Island committed just 10 personal fouls in the game.
The Rams will hit the road to play at Duquesne. Tip off is set for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday evening.