Starters: Freeman (GK), Waldron, Haggerty, Bike, Bentick, Osmanski, Mayo, Schafer, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Cabral
Substitutes: D'Anna, Brodeur, Reilly, Pignatelli, Elworthy
Starters: Viscardi (GK), Donnelly, Letendre, Beck, Allen, Barone, Fitzsimmons, Cipriano, Clark, Bacon, Nunez
Substitutes: Reale, Weiss
77:17 - WAGNER - Allen (Cipriano)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (0-4) struggled to find the back of the net in its loss to Wagner (1-3), Thursday night at the URI Soccer Complex.
The Rams kept the pressure on the Seahawks for most of the first 45 minutes. Brooke Osmanski led Rhody with four of the team's 10 total shots, while Wagner only recorded three. The first half ended with both teams scoreless, 0-0.
Wagner recorded the only goal of the game in the 78th minute when Gabby Cipriano dished a ball into Le'la Allen, who bounced a shot off of the crossbar and in past Julia Freeman. Allen's first goal of the season gave the Seahawks a 1-0 advantage, which they held for the rest of play.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Alexa Elworthy made her debut for the Rams this season.
- Sophomore Brooke Osmanski led the team with four shots. Madison Waldron and Rebecca D'Anna each contributed three.
- Rhode Island recorded double the amount of shots Wagner did, with a 16-8 advantage.
- Sophomore Julia Freeman made three saves. Her counterpart, Katie Viscardi, made her lone save in the first half.
- The Rams did not record any shots on goal in the second half.
- Rhode Island took seven corner kicks to Wagner's six.
The Rams will travel to Poughkeepsie to take on the Marist Red Foxes in a 2 p.m. match this Sunday, Sept. 2.