Oct 08, 2019
Rhody Quick Facts
- The Rams travel to Fordham on game two of their three-game road swing Sunday.
- Rhody is looking for its first conference win of the 2019 season in the matchup.
- Most recently, URI fell 2-1 to Massachusetts in an overtime penalty kick. Rebecca D'Anna scored the lone goal for the Rams that forced them into extra time, snapping a three-game scoreless streak.
- D'Anna now has two goals on the season and three for her career. The sophomore is second for the Rams in points (4) while freshman Brooke Cavino leads with six points on three goals.
- D'Anna and Cavino are tied for first on the team with 15 shots a piece. D'Anna leads URI with 10 shots on the frame.
- Senior Jaileen Goncalves had the assist on D'Anna's goal at UMass, the third of her career and the first since her freshman campaign.
- Freshman Laila Rosenthal made her first career start last time out against Massachusetts.
Fordham Quick Facts
- The Rams of the Bronx enter Sunday's game on a two-game winning streak, most recently defeating VCU 3-2 in overtime.
- Fordham is 4-8-2 on the season and 3-2-0 in conference play.
- The Rams are 2-1-1 on their home field.
- Four players for Fordham have netted two goals a piece this season - Maura Holst, Margaret Roughley, Kristen Cocozza, and Crea Baker-Durante. Each of the four Rams have also recorded an assist.
- Keeper Kelly LaMorte has spent every minute in goal for Fordham this season (1320:43) and has made 78 saves. The senior also owns four shutouts.
- Sunday's game will be the 22nd meeting in the all-time series dating back to 1995.
- Fordham holds a slight edge in the series, 10-9-2.
- Rhode Island is looking to snap a seven-game winless streak in the series.
- The last Rhody win came on Oct. 9, 2009 when URI shutout Fordham 4-0 at the URI Soccer Complex.
- Rhode Island is looking for its first win in the Bronx since 2001- a double overtime 1-0 victory on Oct. 7.
Women's Soccer Alumni Weekend Oct. 26-27
- Rhody women's soccer welcomes back alumni for the weekend of Oct. 26-27.
- The team is excited to welcome back players for a weekend of activities including:
- Women's soccer training session on Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. followed by an Alumni tailgate from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with refreshments provided!
- Join the team to watch Rhody football take on Elon at Meade Stadium at 1:00 p.m., followed by men's soccer hosting Davidson at 7:00 p.m.
- End the weekend by returning to the URI Soccer Complex on Sunday for women's soccer senior day against Duquesne at 1:00 p.m.
- Register by clicking here or contact assistant coach Jenna Kalwa with any questions!