KINGSTON, R.I. – Rhode Island hosts Saint Joseph's in a three-game series this weeked that is key for both sides heading down the stretch in Atlantic 10 play.
The Rams (11-25, 3-7 A-10) trail George Mason by three games for sixth place in the conference standings. With 11 league games remaining, Rhody needs to make a push to make up ground. Saint Joseph's (15-22, 2-10 A-10) is two spots behind Rhode Island in the standings.
The teams will play a doubleheader Saturday, with first pitch scheduled for noon. There also will be a single game Sunday at noon. Rhode Island enters the weekend fresh off a doubleheader sweep of Maine on Wednesday, while the Hawks won a single game against Penn their last time out.
Saturday, April 21
vs. Saint Joseph's, 12 p.m. - Live Stats
vs. Saint Joseph's, 2:30 p.m. – Live Stats
Sunday, April 22
vs. Saint Joseph's, 12 p.m. – Live Stats
- Junior Becca Rogers needs 12 more strikouts to become the ninth pitcher in Rhode Island history to record 100 in a single season. The last to do so was Sam Before, who had 122 in 2014.
- After starting the season 2-18, Rhode Island is 9-7 over its last 16 games.
- Junior Adriana Toro is batting .395 with 10 runs runs scored in 12 Atlantic 10 games.
- Rhode Island's pitchers have a combined 3.10 earned run average in A-10 play.
- As a team, the Rams have 30 stolen bases. That is the most in a season for the program since it had 48 in 2013.