Rhode Island Swim & Dive will return to the pool when it hosts the Coast Guard Academy and Springfield College on Saturday, Oct. 27. The meet begins at 12:30 p.m. in the Tootell Aquatic Center.
Rhode Island vs. Coast Guard Academy, Springfield College
- This will be the seventh consecutive year that the three schools meet together.
- Rhode Island and Springfield College have met 29 times since the 1981 series opening. The Rams hold a 23-7 lead, with Springfield winning one of the last three meetings.
- Rhody holds a 9-0 series lead over the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. At the schools' first meeting in 2000, the Rams claimed a 170-124 victory.
- Last season, the three teams met at Springfield's Linkletter Natatorium. Rhode Island defeated both its host (164-134) and the Coast Guard Academy (199-96).
- Senior Nicole Petta's 1:06.60 time in the 100-yard breaststroke earned her first place. She also finished first in the 200-yard breaststroke and claimed second in the 200-yard individual medley.
- The team of Grace Kneller, Nicole Petta, Caitlyn Blake and Eliza Anderson won the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:50.96.
Last Time in the Pool
- Rhode Island narrowly defeated Maine in its season opener on Oct. 13.
- Senior Nicole Petta led the team with three first-place finishes in the 100-yard breaststroke, the 200-yard breaststroke and the 200-yard IM.
- Junior Katy Evans won the 3-meter dive and finished second in the 1-meter dive by just a four-point margin.
- Sophomore Kelly Blake finished first in the 100-yard butterfly, with junior teammate Caitlin Guccione finishing second. Guccione won the 200-yard butterfly.
- Junior Maddie Horner took home the 200-yard freestyle.