Posted: Jan 12, 2019
Rhode Island will return to the Tootell Aquatic Center for the first time since Nov. 18 to take on the Wagner Seahawks. The meet is set to begin at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 13.
Rhode Island vs. Wagner
- This marks the 10th meeting between the two schools, which is split 4-4-1.
- The schools first met in 2010 and have faced off every season since.
- The Seahawks' head coach Colin Shannahan spent eight years as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator with the Rams.
- At last year's matchup, Wagner downed Rhody 160-99, with the Rams only claiming first place in five of the 14 events.
- Senior Nicole Petta earned two of those first place finishes, winning both breaststroke events.
- The team of sophomore Kelly Blake, junior Maddie Horner, senior Grace Kneller and senior Eliza Anderson won the 400-yard freestyle relay.
Last Time in the Pool
- The Rams have started their season with a 6-meet winning streak, the best start in program history.
- Before the end of the semester, Rhode Island won the 23rd annual Harold Anderson Invitational.
- Junior Caitlin Guccione was a strong competitor for the Rams, winning both of the butterfly events.
- Freshman Keely Hemminger claimed her first individual win of the season when she took home the 1,650-yard freestyle event.
- Rhody continued to show its strength in the relay events. Freshman Kaitlyn Bansky, senior Nicole Petta, junior Caitlin Guccione and senior Eliza Anderson won the 400-yard medley relay.