Posted: Jan 29, 2019
Rhode Island will travel to Smithfield to take on in-state opponent Bryant Wednesday afternoon. The meet against the Bulldogs is set for 5 p.m.
Rhode Island vs. Bryant
- This will be the eleventh meeting in the series between the two teams, which the Rams lead 8-2.
- Rhody first faced off against the Bulldogs in 2008, a 228-66 Ram victory, and the teams have met every season since.
- At last year's duel, Bryant earned a decisive 183-115 victory at the Tootell Aquatic Center. It was the Bulldogs' first win in the series since 2013.
- The teams have already met this season at the 23rd Annual Harold Anderson Invitational. The Rams hosted Bryant, Assumption, Holy Cross, Maine and Providence.
- Rhode Island won the three-day meet with a total of 843.50 points. Bryant posted a fifth-place finish in the final team standings with 472 points.
Last Time in the Pool
- After suffering their first loss of the season against UMass, the Rams recovered and dug out a 175-125 victory at Vermont on Saturday, Jan. 19.
- The team was led by strong showings from seniors Eliza Anderson and Nicole Petta. Anderson won the 50- and 100-yard freestyle, while Petta secured a first-place finish in both breaststroke events, as well as the 200-yard IM.
- Petta and Anderson also teamed up with senior Grace Kneller and junior Caitlin Guccione to win the 200-yard medley relay.
- Junior Katy Evans won both the 1- and 3-meter diving events. Sophomore Cameron Murray placed second in the 1-meter dive by less than a full point.
- The win against the Catamounts was Rhody's eighth this season, marking a new program record.