Rhode Island competes at home for the first time this season when it hosts Providence and Sacred Heart Wednesday evening in the Tootell Aquatics Center. The meet begins at 6 p.m.
Series History - Rhode Island vs. Providence/Sacred Heart
- Rhode Island has won 14 straight meets against Providence College, dating back to the 2005-06 season.
- URI is 18-6 all-time against its in-state rival.
- The Rams will be competing against Sacred Heart for the first time.
What to Know
- Through its first two meets, Rhode Island has won 20 individual events, including 11 out of 15 last time out.
- Rhody freshman Julia Renna has won all four of the individual races she has competed in this season. She swept the 100- and 200-yard backstroke events in each of the first two meets of the season.
- The Rams have been particularly strong in the 1-meter dive early in the season. URI took took the top four scores in the season-opening meet at Maine, then had six of the top seven performers last time out against Springfield College and Coast Guard.
- Senior Caitlin Guccione, freshman Shauna Killane and senior Mackenna Dunn gave the team 1-2-3 finish in the 100-yard butterfly last time out.
- Wednesday's meet is the first of two this week for Rhode Island. The Rams host Massachusetts Saturday, Nov. 9.