BOSTON, MASS. - Rhode Island women's track and field earned six team points after day one of competition at the New England Championship. Northeastern leads all teams with 69 total points. Rhode Island had seven qualifying performances to advance to the finals on Saturday.
- Rhody had all four entries qualify for the finals in the 60 meter hurdle prelims. Kristina MacLure advanced with a qualifying time of 8.69 seconds, while Gabrielle Curtis (9.02s), Trinity Smith (9.14s), and Ciara French (9.21s) qualified as well.
- Greta Scott finished first in the 400 meter dash preliminary round with a time of 56.14 seconds, qualifying her for the finals.
- Lotte Black was the first to cross the finish line in the 1000 meter prelims with a qualifying time of 2:54.14.
- Mikaila Amerantes qualified for the 500 meter dash finals with a 1:14.08 prelim time.
- Kristina MacLure placed third in the long jump with a leap of 5.73m (18' 9.75").
- Jessica Ippolitto finished ninth in the pole vault after clearing 3.55m (11' 7.75m).
- In the weight throw, Molly Botts finished 13th with a throw of 15.05m (49' 4.50") and Samantha Andrews was 14th with a mark of 15.02m (49' 3.50").
- The distance medley relay team of Chelsea Lee, Hasna-Kaarina Badji, Sydney Sopchak, and Ashley Evans finished ninth in 12:33.74.
The Rams continue competition at the New England Championship at the Reggie Lewis Center. Live stats can be followed here.