This was a non-scoring meet with teams from Assumption, Bryant, Brown, Hartford, Holy Cross, New Hampshire, Providence, Quinnipiac and Stonehill.
Prior to the meet Rhode Island honored its nine graduating seniors: Camille Bertholon, Gabrielle Curtis, Chelsea Lee, Kelly MacDonnell, Kristina MacLure, Katie McNulty, Gabi Napoli, Greta Scott, and Dominique Twombly.
Highlights from Competition
- Noelya Delacruz won the weight throw with a throw of 17.16 meters. Molly Botts was fourth (16.16m), Samantha Andrews finished sixth (15.55m), Nicole Valdez was eighth (14.74m), and Ashley O'Loughlin finished 12th (14.04m).
- Trinity Smith was first in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.76 seconds Ciara French placed second in 8.83 seconds.
- Kristina MacLure won the 60 meter dash in 7.66 seconds. French was third in 7.85 seconds, and Kelly MacDonnell was fifth in 7.92 seconds.
- Rhody took the 1-2-3-4 in the 200 meters. Kelly MacDonnell won in 25.2 seconds, while Alyssa Madden was second (25.40s), Bethany DeLoof finished third (25.42s) and Smith placed fourth (25.46s).
- DeLoof placed first in the 400 meters with a time of 57.0 seconds. Sanaiya Watts was second in 58.77 seconds and Megan McMullen was fifth (1:01.70).
- Xiana Twombly finished fourth in the long jump with a mark of 5.47 meters. Sara James had a mark of 4.79m for 18th place, and Kayla Ezeama was 20th with a 4.62 mark.
- Ezeama placed fourth in the triple jump (10.49m).
- Camille Bertholon finished seventh in the mile run in 5:20.15. Ashley Evans was 12th with a time of 5:28.18. Nikki Cassavell was 16th (5:35.60) and Jackie Peschko was 18th (5:40.32).
- Chelsea Lee placed second in the 800 meters in 2:20.10. Kaylen Hughes was right behind her in third with a time of 2:21.60, while Hannah O'Connor was seventh (2:24.62) and Hannah Birdsall was eighth (2:25.70).
- Una Treanor finished sixth in the 1000 meter with a time of 3:06.26.
- In the high jump, Bolu Taiwo was third (1.60m).
- Jessica Ippolitto placed second in the pole vault with a mark of 3.50 meters. Sydney Shannon was fourth, clearing 3.35 meters.
The Rams are back in competition next Friday, Feb. 14 at the David Hemery Valentine Invite hosted by Boston University. The meet is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m.